Your timely return to your own home and lifestyle is the ultimate goal of Heritage of Elmwood’s inpatient rehabilitation program. Whether you’re recovering from a recent hospitalization or simply looking to regain functional abilities, our interdisciplinary team of licensed physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech-language pathologists works together with you and your doctor to optimize your health and functionality.
If longer-term therapy is appropriate, we offer complete restorative and maintenance programs to facilitate independence and enhance quality of life in a supportive atmosphere.
Our inpatient rehab department offers:
• Excellent staffing ratio exceeding Medicare recommendations
• The most cost-effective rehab program
• State-of-the-art wound treatment
• Discharge planning
• Patient/family conferences and education
• Access to the adjoining Red Cedar Clinic
• Therapy available seven days a week
• Peace of mind from our continuum of care
After suffering an illness or injury, effective post-hospital rehabilitation can be the key to restoring or maximizing function and enjoyment in your daily life. When appropriate, treatment includes physical therapy, occupational therapy, or speech-language therapy. Heritage of Elmwood has an outpatient rehab program customized to work specifically with you and your doctor.
Our therapists utilize state-of-the-art medical equipment and develop specific treatment plans to address problem areas including:
Stroke or other neurological diagnoses
• Lower back pain
• Injury or surgery to the back, hip, knee, etc.
• Illness that impairs function like CHF or COPD
• Muscle strains, tendonitis/ligament strains
• Limb fractures
• Limb ligament or tendon repairs
• Shoulder injuries, including rotator cuff tears
• Voice disorders
• Speech-language deficits
• Traumatic brain injury
• Reduced breath capacity
• Laryngeal trauma
• Swallowing/chewing deficits
Ultimately, Heritage of Elmwood outpatient rehabilitation enables you to participate more fully in the activities that bring you daily enjoyment and satisfaction. We have already helped so many western Wisconsin residents regain function, independence, and confidence in themselves. Contact us today to find the expertise and encouragement to help restore your well-being.